Download and complete an application for enrolment form. These forms are also available from our office. The school can help you with your application, please email email@example.com
Submit your application for enrolment by email, post or hand deliver to our office, along with copies of:
• your child’s birth certificate (telephone the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages on 1300 305 021 if you do not have one)
• your child’s Immunisation History Statement (visit the Department of Health for instructions on how to obtain this statement)
• proof of your current address (eg recent accounts for electricity, water and telephone, bank details)
• copies of Family Court orders for confirmation of proof of name or custody arrangements.
We will consider all applications for enrolment. You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application. Following receipt of applications for enrolment, the school will consider whether it is possible to make an offer of a place. Advice of an offer for enrolment or indicating that no place is available are made within 2 business days of receipt of completed applications for those within the local intake area of the school.
If you have an offer of a place and want to accept it, please complete the enrolment form and return the completed form, along with any requested supporting documentation via email, post or in person to Riva Primary School within the timeframe indicated in your letter of offer.
Applying to enrol for 2023? Here’s when your child can start school at Riva Primary School:
|If your child was born between:||Apply to enrol for 2023 in:|
|1 July 2018 – 30 June 2019||Kindergarten|
|1 July 2017 – 30 June 2018||Pre-primary|
|1 July 2016 – 30 June 2017||Year 1|
|1 July 2015 – 30 June 2016||Year 2|
|1 July 2014 – 30 June 2015||Year 3|
|1 July 2013 – 30 June 2014||Year 4|
|1 July 2012 – 30 June 2013||Year 5|
|1 July 2011 – 30 June 2012||Year 6|
The following defines the local-intake area of Riva Primary School (formerly Forrestdale South East Primary School – planning name) from 2022:
From the intersection of Nicholson Road and Exchange Avenue, east along Exchange Avenue (south side included) to Tompkins Way, south east along Tompkins Way (south west side included) to Skeet Road, south west along Skeet Road (north west side included) to the locality boundary between Forrestdale and Piara Waters, south east, south west and generally south along this locality boundary to Armadale Road, west along Armadale Road (north side included) to Nicholson Road, north along Nicholson Road (east side included) to Piara Drive, north west along Piara Drive (north east side included) to Chavez Close, north east along Chavez Drive (south side included) and continuing along its north eastern extension to Magdalen Loop, south and north north east along Magdalen Loop (south side included) to Grasby Way, east and north along Grasby Way (south side included) to Mason Road, north east along Mason Road (south side included) to Doryanthes Avenue, south along Doryanthes Avenue (west side included) to Macadamia Loop, east along Macadamia (south side included) and continuing east along the northern arm extension to Nicholson Road, and north along Nicholson Road (east side included) to the intersection with Exchange Avenue.
This information is available to view as a map of the Local Intake Area.
Applications for enrolment from outside of our Local Intake Area
We welcome and consider applications for enrolment from students outside of our local intake area. Where the school has the capacity to accommodate these enrolments, while guaranteeing enough places for students within the local intake area, we will offer a place.
In all instances, our decisions will be consistent with the School Education Regulations 2000.
A year of part-time Kindergarten is available at Riva Primary School. While it is not compulsory, almost all parents enrol their children so they get the best start to learning at school. If your child is four years old by 30 June 2023 you can apply to enrol them in Kindergarten for 2023.
We encourage you to apply to enrol as soon as possible. Wherever possible, your child will be offered a place at Riva Primary School if they reside within the school’s local intake area, however, if the number of applications for enrolment exceeds the number of places available you may be referred to a nearby Kindergarten which has places available.
The School Education Regulations 2000 specify how we must prioritise enrolment offers for Kindergarten.
The school is currently at capacity for Kindergarten for 2022.
Every child of Pre-primary age is required to attend school and is guaranteed a place at Riva Primary School if they reside within the school’s local intake area.
If your child is 5 years old by 30 June 2023 you need to apply to enrol them in Pre-primary for 2023.
A new application for enrolment is required for students in Kindergarten at Riva Primary School who intend to continue into Pre-primary the following year.
Pre-primary – Year 6
Every child of compulsory school age is required to be enrolled in and attend school. Once enrolment is accepted for Pre-primary, or directly into Years 1-6, there is no need to re-enrol each year. Places are guaranteed for all children of compulsory school age who reside within the local intake area of Riva Primary School.
Riva Primary School includes specialised Education Support facilities within our school. If your child has a special educational need, please contact the school to discuss your child’s needs and requirements including:
• your child’s specific diagnosis
• the nature of your child’s special educational needs
• whether your child requires assistance to navigate school grounds
• specialised equipment your child may need
• your child’s personal care and medical needs
• any previous intervention or therapy programs your child has participated in and what the outcomes were.
• The strategies you use at home may be of great help to your child’s teacher so be prepared to talk with them about what you are doing at home.
We will work with you to develop
• an individual education plan, if required, tailored to meet your child’s needs
• systems of communication between you, the school and other professionals who work with your child
• specialist support services and resources available for your child
• ways that your child can participate in school excursions and activities such as swimming lessons
• options for transport to and from school, and if your child is entitled to any assistance.
Questions and Support
We are happy to assist with all enrolment enquiries.
Please return completed forms or documents to Riva.PS.Enrolments@education.wa.edu.au
We are available to meet with all prospective families and students to assist with a smooth transition into our school.